Monday 9 March 2009

Sowing the Seeds...

I finally managed to sow some seeds this weekend.  I had been wanting to start doing this for a little while now but have resisted as long as I could as there is still a lot of prep work that needs to be done in the garden before I can plant into it.

As we had visitors I couldn't do too much, which is good in a way as it will hopefully mean that everything isn't ready at the same time.  I have also started keeping a journal of what I sow/plant and when and will update it with any changes (in theory any way!)

On Saturday I sowed two different types of Tomato, some Aubergines, Sweet Peppers and four different types of courgette.  Sunday I sowed some chilli seeds that I had gathered from some plants I grew last year - Naga, Jalapeno, Bulgarian Carrot and Fatali.  They are all tucked up, nice and cosy, in the heated propagator. 

This morning I sowed some Spring Onions, following a tip from the Grapevine, the brilliant gardening forum I use.  I have sown two varieties, Shimonita and Red Beard.

Loads more to do but I will keep plodding away.  We purchased a cultivator at the weekend so this should speed up digging the beds, which is great as I would like to create another four of varying sizes (including one for a herb garden)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment